Amber Valletta's Shrimp with Spaghetti
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp (about 16 to 20), cleaned and deveined
- 1/2 pound parpadelle or spaghetti
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 - 6 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Put a large pot of water on to boil for the spaghetti. Once water boils, add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Meanwhile heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add shrimp and garlic and stir-fry for about 4 minutes until the shrimp is barely pink.
- Add tomatoes to the skillet and cook until they break down, about 7-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss shrimp mixture together with cooked pasta in a medium bowl. Divide on to four dinner plates or large bowls and top each serving with a tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
- One serving = 4 to 5 shrimp + 1 1/2 cup pasta with tomatoes
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Per serving: 402 kcal cal., 8 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 48 g carb., 3 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 33 g pro., 141 mg calcium, 5 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet