Apricot and Pistachio Popsicles
Soft, sweet apricots give add a velvety texture, while pistachio nuts add crunch for contrast in these treats from Ice Pops!
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pound and 2 ounces apricots, halved and pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, chopped, plus more for garnish
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, sugar, and lemon juice to a simmer and cook until sugar dissolves. Add apricots and simmer until they have broken down - about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Stir in almond extract and chopped pistachios. Pour mixture into ice pop molds, leaving 1/4 inch at the top to let the mixture expand when it freezes. Insert sticks and freeze. Before serving, roll pops in additional pistachios.
- Reprinted with permission from Ice Pops published in 2015 by Sterling Epicure, an imprint of Sterling Publishing Co., Inc. © Cesar and Nadia Roden. Photography by Adam Slama.