Arugula, Roasted Pepper and White Bean Salad
Savory and light, this peppery salad is the perfect starter or side to make any meal taste fresh and delicious. Made with canned white beans and bottled roasted peppers, this special salad that can be put together in a snap.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup roasted red peppers (packed in water), cut into thin strips
- 8 cups baby arugula leaves, loosely packed
- 1 ounce grated or shaved Parmesan cheese
- Combine, water, oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and garlic powder (if using) in a large bowl; whisk to blend.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes and roasted peppers; toss well.
- Add arugula; toss to mix and coat.
- Sprinkle salad with cheese; grind additional black pepper over top, if desired.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 231 kcal cal., 8 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 31 g carb., 6 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 12 g pro., 57 mg calcium, 0.6 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet