Asian Salmon Bowl with Spinach
You never need to call for takeout again when you can whip up this all-in-one recipe in less than an hour. Salmon delivers heart-healthy omega 3s, while spinach contains plenty of protective antioxidants.
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 6 cups spinach
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Cook rice according to package instructions.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes, and saute until garlic is lightly golden, 1 minute. Add syrup, lime juice, and soy sauce; cook until bubbling, 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch and water; stir into garlic glaze. Cook until slightly thick, 1 minute. Arrange salmon on a foil-lined baking sheet. Spread a little glaze over each fillet. Roast until just cooked through, 12 minutes. In a medium skillet, warm oil over medium heat. Add spinach and saute until just wilted. Remove from pan; set aside
- Divide rice among four bowls; top each with spinach and 1 salmon fillet, broken into large pieces. Drizzle with remaining sauce and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
- Recipe provided by Relish!
Per serving: 479 kcal cal., 14 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 797 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 34 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet