Avocado Carpaccio With Smoked Salmon, Walnuts & Plum
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, and peeled
- Flaky sea salt
- Walnut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 plum or pluot, pitted and diced
- 1 ounce smoked salmon, torn
- 2 tablespoons Buttered Salted Walnuts
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Use a mandoline to thinly slice the avocado onto a serving plate. Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with oil. Scatter the plum or pluot all over and top with the salmon.
- Crumble walnuts over the dish and garnish with mint. Serve immediately.
Buttered Salted Walnuts
- In a small skillet, cook 1/2 cup walnuts over high heat, tossing occasionally, for 1 minute. Add 1/2 tablespoon grass-fed unsalted butter and cook, tossing and stirring, until the nuts are well coated, 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt and espelette pepper. Drain and cool on paper towels.
- Recipe by chef Seamus Mullen, author of Real Food Heals: Eat to Feel Younger & Stronger Every Day.
Per serving: 230 kcal cal., 20 g fat (2.9 g sat. fat), 11 g carb., 6 g fiber, 6 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet