Avocado Spring Salad with Mint-Lemon Dressing
Prep a salad full of greens (think sweet peas, kale, and avocado), then whip up this deliciously simple warm-weather dressing by tossing fresh mint, lemon juice, and olive oil in the blender. Make a double batch so you can dress your salads throughout the week.
For the salad:
- 1 head red leaf lettuce, chopped, rinsed, cleaned, and dried
- 4 large radishes, thin sliced
- 2 small avocados, halved and thin-sliced
For the dressing:
- 1 cup lightly packed mint leaves
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add peas and cook for 3 minutes, then drain and rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Place all dressing ingredients in the blender and blend until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, radish, and peas. Drizzle with dressing and toss again until evenly coated. Top with sliced avocado and serve.
- Recipe provided by Rachael Hartley, R.D., founder of Avocado A Day Nutrition
Per serving: 281 kcal cal., 24.5 g fat (3.5 g sat. fat), 15 g carb., 7 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 5 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet