Bacon, Arugula, and Smoked Mozzarella Egg Muffins
Smoky bacon and mozzarella mingle with sharp, peppery arugula for a fast breakfast that's nowhere short on flavor. Make 'em the Sunday before a busy week and pop 'em in the freezer for easy eating on the go.
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2 percent milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 strips center-cut bacon
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 2/3 cup shredded smoked mozzarella
- 18 grape tomatoes
- First, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and coat a nonstick 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray; set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and Tabasco sauce for base.
- In a skillet, cook 4 strips center-cut bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes; drain on paper towels.
- Pour off all but 1 teaspoon of fat; add baby arugula and saute until wilted, about 2 minutes. Crumble bacon and roughly chop arugula; add to cups. Then add shredded smoked mozzarella and egg mixture.
- Top with 18 grape tomatoes, quartered. Bake until set, about 12 minutes. Cool in pan for 2 minutes and remove.
- Recipe courtesy of Laraine Perri.
Per serving: 205 kcal cal., 13 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 377 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 17 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet