"A lot of my friends are gluten free, so these bacon-wrapped dates have become a go-to appetizer when I host parties," says Haylie Duff, host of Real Girl's Kitchen on the Cooking Channel. They're always a crowd pleaser and super simple to make.
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 24 dates
- 1 pound (12 slices) thick-cut bacon
- Bring blue cheese to room temperature. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice dates lengthwise 3/4 of the way down. In a small bowl, press cream into the blue cheese with a fork. Press a small scoop of the blue cheese into the center of the dates and close them back up. Cut each piece of bacon in half. Wrap each halved bacon strip around a date. Secure with a toothpick.
- Place bacon-wrapped dates on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Recipe provided by Haylie Duff of Real Girl's Kitchen