Baked Barbecue Chicken
You don't even need a grill to make succulent barbecue chicken. Serve it with a spicy corn side dish for an all-American weeknight meal.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Saute chicken in oil until browned on both sides. Remove chicken to a large casserole dish. Add onion to the pan and saute until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Decrease heat to medium low. Slowly add ketchup, tomato sauce, maple syrup, mustard, Worcestershire, and hot sauce, scraping bits up from the bottom of the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over chicken. Bake for 20 minutes, until cooked through, basting twice during cooking time.
- Recipe provided by Relish!
Per serving: 312 kcal cal., 6 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 2150 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 30 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet