Banana Walnut French Toast
- 4 large eggs, preferably organic, beaten
- 1/2 cup lowfat milk, preferably organic
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil (for skillet)
- 1 1 pound loaf freshly-baked whole wheat bread from a local bakery
- 2 ripe bananas, preferably organic, sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix well. Slice bread to medium thickness.
- Heat a skillet on high and add butter or oil. Dunk each bread slice in egg mixture, then place on skillet. Cook until browned on one side, then flip over; cook until browned again.
- Place on plates, cover with walnuts and bananas. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired, and serve.
Per serving: 590 kcal cal., 26 g fat (6 g sat. fat), 620 mg sodium, 11 g fiber, 16 g sugar, 26 g pro., 215 mg calcium, 5 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet