BB's Garlic Chicken Salad
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 lemons, juiced
- 1 lemon rind, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 8 tablespoons lowfat salad dressing
- Cut chicken into 4 pieces. In a large bowl, combine lemon juice, lemon rind, garlic, parsley, cilantro, and olive oil to make a paste. Add chicken and mix together. Cover chicken and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Grill chicken for about 5 minutes on each side, or saute chicken in a nonstick skillet for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until thoroughly cooked. Slice chicken and combine with romaine, carrots, and salad dressing.
- Recipe created by Barbara Sickmen for Feed Your Family Right! by Elisa Zied
Per serving: 250 kcal cal., 11 g fat (1.5 g sat. fat), 8 g carb., 2 g fiber, 27 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet