Beef Lettuce Wrap
What's great about lettuce wraps is that the lettuce does the job of sandwich bread without leaving you with an overstuffed feeling. (It's also healthier!) We can't get enough of how the tangy sauce compliments the lettuce's natural sweetness in this dinner recipe.
- 4 6 ounces portions of Sirloin
- 1/4 cup palm sugar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup oyster sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 sliced fresh red Thai chili
- 2 heads of Bibb lettuce or whatever you prefer
- 1/4 cup picked cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup picked mint leaves
- 4 tablespoons crushed peanuts
- 2 tablespoons crispy garlic
- 4 tablespoons crispy shallots
- 1 package dried thin rice noodles
- Season the sirloin with salt and then grill or cook in grill pan. If using a grill pan, add 2 tablespoons of canola oil to the pan before cooking the sirloin. Let the sirloin rest for 5 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
- Combine all ingredients together until everything is dissolved. Pour marinade over the sirloin and marinate overnight (12 hours).
- Combine all ingredients and store in airtight container. This can last up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Garnish for Lettuce Cups
- To make the lettuce cups, add one piece of sliced sirloin and a little bit of each of the garnish. Spoon 1 tsp of the nuoc cham (or more if you like) on each lettuce cup.
- Recipe provided by Leah Cohen of Pig and Khao.