Black Bean Tacos
- 16 whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 cans black beans
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 jar salsa
- 1/2 small red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 small mango, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sour cream (low-fat if you prefer)
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and warm them at 300 degrees F in the oven for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm the black beans in a small saucepan with their liquid. Add the cumin and chili powder and let the beans reduce (about 5 minutes). Squeeze on the lemon juice, stir to distribute and taste for seasoning, adding more salt or chili powder as necessary.
- Arrange the cheese, salsa, shredded cabbage, sour cream and warmed beans in small bowls on the table. When the tortillas are warmed, put them out on the plate. Let guests assemble their own black bean tacos.
- Recipe courtesy of Cara Eisenpress and Phoebe Lapine
Per serving: 242 kcal cal., 7 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 41 g carb., 19 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 17 g pro., 77 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet