Blackberry Yogurt Cheesecake Parfaits
This dessert has all the flavor of regular cheesecake, but about half the calories and 90 percent less fat.
- 4 cups lowfat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 gingersnap cookies
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- The night before (or up to three days ahead), make yogurt cheese: Place two paper cone coffee filters over two large mugs or small bowls. Put 2 cups of yogurt into each filter and place both in the refrigerator overnight. The liquid will drain out, leaving approximately 1 cup of thick yogurt cheese in each. Discard the liquid.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the yogurt cheese, honey, and vanilla in a bowl. Mix thoroughly with a whisk. Add the remaining yogurt cheese and mix until combined.
- In each of four parfait glasses or large wineglasses, alternate layers of yogurt cheese and berries, starting and ending with yogurt cheese. Serve immediately, or cover and chill up to 4 hours. Before serving, garnish each parfait with 2 gingersnap cookies.
- If you're not a fan of blackberries or can't find them at your local grocery store, use raspberries or strawberries instead.
Per serving: 310 kcal cal., 6 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 52 g carb., 6 g fiber, 38 g sugar, 15 g pro., 492 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet