Blender Girl's Creamy Orange C
This blend of vitamin C-packed fruits and vegetables keeps your immune system humming as the seasons change.
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon probiotic powder (optional)
- 1 orange, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup roughly chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped baked or steamed orange sweet potato, peeled
- 1/2 cup frozen raw cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup firm silken tofu
- 1/4 cup blanched, slivered raw almonds, soaked
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 dried apricot, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried goji berries (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground flaxseeds (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Recipe reprinted with permission from The Blender Girl by Tess Masters, copyright 2014. Published by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Random House LLC.