Bowtie Pasta with Sausage and Escarole
An easy week night dinner that comes together fast. The homemade sauce can be made in the time it takes to boil the water and cook the pasta.
- 6 ounces uncooked bowtie pasta
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces uncooked turkey sausage, hot italian variety, castings removed 1 small uncooked onions, chopped 4 medium garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 small uncooked onions, chopped
- 4 medium garlic cloves, sliced
- 8 cups escarole, roughly chopped in bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup canned chicken broth
- 14 1/2 ounces canned fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in lightly salted water according to package directions; drain pasta and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onion; cook, breaking up sausage as it cooks, until sausage is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, escarole, and broth to skillet; cook, stirring often, until escarole is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and red pepper flakes; cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Spoon sauce over pasta; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese; sprinkle with red pepper flakes (if desired).
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 222 kcal cal., 5.5 g fat (1.5 g sat. fat), 591 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 15 g pro., 5 mg calcium. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet