Breakfast Casserole Cups with Sausage and Pepper
The protein from the eggs and sausage will help keep you satisfied all morning long. To speed your morning prep time even more, place frozen casserole cups in the refrigerator the night before to defrost. At breakfast, just heat in the microwave and enjoy!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 5 slices whole grain crusty bread, cubed
- 1 package Applegate breakfast sausage, thawed and chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Evenly distribute bread and sausage in each cup; set aside.
- Combine eggs, half-and-half, and basil to blender; season with salt, hot sauce and black pepper (if desired). Blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour egg mixture into muffin pan, filling each cup about two-thirds of the way; sprinkle with cheese and bell pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
- Recipe provided by Dana Angelo White, author of First Bites: Superfoods for Babies and Toddlers
Per serving: 147 kcal cal., 9 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 330 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 10 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet