Breakfast Taco Cups
A Mexican-inspired recipe that's so simple and so good, you'll have hard time stopping at just one!
- 6 corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups shredded kale (or spinach or arugula)
- 6 eggs
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- 6 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/3 cup diced red pepper
- 3 slices (1 ounce) bacon, rendered and crumbled
- 1/2 cup diced avocado, for garnish
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 1/2 cup salsa, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stack tortillas on top each other and microwave about 15 seconds until warm and pliable.
- Lightly coat six ramekins with cooking spray. Place 1 tortilla inside each ramekin, folding to fit. In each tortilla, layer kale, crack 1 egg on top, and sprinkle with salt. Top each with 1/2 tablespoon cheese, 2 tomatoes, onion, pepper, and bacon. Divide remaining cheese among cups.
- Place taco cups on a baking sheet and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until egg whites are set and yolks are nearly done. Garnish with avocado, cilantro, and salsa.
- Recipe provided by Dev Weider of BevCooks.com
Per serving: 229 kcal cal., 12 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 18 g carb., 3 g fiber, 13 g pro., 127 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet