Broccoli, Goat Cheese, and Lemon Egg Muffins
Crunchy broccoli and creamy goat cheese make for a savory pairing in this grab-and-go freezer breakfast, while lemon zest adds just the right burst of bright flavor.
- 10 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 2 percent milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- First, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and coat a nonstick 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray; set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and Tabasco sauce for base.
- Stir lemon zest into egg mixture; top with reserved broccoli.
- Bake until just set, about 12 minutes. Cool in pan for 2 minutes and remove.
- Recipe courtesy of Laraine Perri.
Per serving: 217 kcal cal., 15 g fat) (4 g carb., 2 g fiber, 17 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet