Broccoli Slaw with Candied Pecans
Broccoli and cabbage contain powerful compounds associated with heart health and cancer prevention. Topped with toasted pecans, this slaw has a slight natural sweetness.
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 package fresh broccoli florets, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage (Chinese cabbage)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons chopped toasted pecans
- Whisk together first 8 ingredients in a large bowl. Add broccoli, cabbage, and raisins; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons pecans before serving.
- Recipe from Southern Living's Slim Down South Cookbook by Carolyn O'Neil, R.D.
Per serving: 157 kcal cal., 11 g fat (0.5 g sat. fat), 15 g carb., 3 g fiber, 3 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet