Broccoli Slaw with Peanut Sauce
Stop tossing those broccoli stems and use them to make this simple slaw. It's a perfect way to decrease your food waste and stretch your food dollar in a deliciously healthy way.
- 4 broccoli stems
- 2 large carrots, peeled
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon sweet thai chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 - 3 tablespoons water, to thin
- Chopped peanuts (optional)
- Shred the broccoli, carrots and red pepper using a food processor or grater.
- Place in a paper towel and squeeze to remove moisture then transfer to a bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together peanut butter, chili sauce, vinegar and olive oil. Add water as needed until desired consistency is reached. (It's ok if it's still pretty thick.)
- Add sauce to veggies and mix until well combined.
- Sprinkle with chopped peanuts before serving.
- Recipe provided by Lindsay Livingston, R.D., of The Lean Green Bean.
Per serving: 164 kcal cal., 8 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 19 g carb., 6 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 7 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet