Brown Rice Pudding
- 3 cups nonfat milk
- 1/2 cup short/grain brown rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
- Bring 3 cups milk, rice, and salt to a simmer in a heavy, medium/size saucepan. Reduce heat to low. Cover and gently simmer about 1 1/2 hours, or until rice is very tender and liquid is almost absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk 1/2 cup milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Stir in dried blueberries. Gradually stir egg mixture into rice mixture. Stir over low heat about 6 minutes, or until mixture is just thickened. Transfer to bowl. Stir in agave nectar or honey. Refrigerate until well chilled, then serve.
Per serving: 199 kcal cal., 3 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 34 g carb., 1 g fiber, 22 g sugar, 9 g pro., 175 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet