Brussels Sprout and Hazelnut Salad With Chili Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pint brussels sprouts, halved
- Juice from 1/2 lemon, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 white onion
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced pear
- 1/3 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons store-bought white balsamic vinaigrette
- Fresh burrata cheese (optional)
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat. Add sprouts and saute, stirring frequently, until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with lemon juice and salt to taste and transfer to a plate; set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir chili powder and a pinch of salt into the yogurt; set aside.
- Peel the onion and cut into 1-inch rings. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with remaining teaspoon olive oil. Heat a dry pan over high heat and char onion rings on both sides until blackened and tender. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside to cool. Dice when onion reaches room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, mix together charred onion, pear, hazelnuts, parsley, and dill. Add brussels sprouts and balsamic dressing to the bowl and toss, adding additional lemon juice to taste. Transfer mixture to a serving dish and drizzle with chili yogurt. If desired, top with burrata before serving.
- Courtesy of Cosmo Goss, executive chef at the Publican in Chicago.
Per serving: 411 kcal cal., 29 g fat (3.8 g sat. fat), 359 mg sodium, 8 g fiber, 10 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet