Candied Grape and Cherry Tomatoes With Baked Feta
Toss this tomato and feta dish with whole-grain spaghetti or serve over polenta.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 pints multicolored grape and cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (4-ounce) block feta, cut into thin slabs
- 1/2 cup sunflower or other sprouts
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh basil leaves
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Brush an 8 x 8-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with 1 tablespoon oil. Arrange feta in a single layer.
- In a large high-sided skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring often, until tomatoes begin to burst, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in balsamic vinegar, garlic, and salt. Cook until liquid has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- While tomatoes are cooking, bake feta until springy to the touch but not melted, 12 to 15 minutes.
- To serve, divide feta among serving plates and spoon tomatoes with cooking liquid on top. Garnish with sprouts, basil, and black pepper.
Per serving: 176 kcal cal., 13 g fat (5.2 g sat. fat), 391 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 6 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet