Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal Cups
Naturally sweetened with cinnamon, vanilla, and pineapple, these little cakes are as appropriate for dessert or snack as they are for breakfast. And at less than 150 calories each, you can certainly have two if it's your a.m. meal.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup crushed canned pineapple, drained
- Cooking spray (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine oats, oat flour, flaxseed, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and salt. In another bowl whisk together eggs, oil, and vanilla extract. Slowly combine wet mixture into dry mixture. Fold in carrots and pineapple until combined.
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or use cupcake liners. Pour batter evenly into each cup. Bake 15 to 20 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Recipe provided by Brenda of SugarFreeMom.com
Per serving: 132 kcal cal., 8 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 140 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 3 g pro., 54 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet