Celery and Blue Cheese Salad
This sweet-and-spicy salad from chef Chris Jaeckle at All'onda gets its heat from chili oil, its creaminess from cheese, and its crunch from celery.
- Kewpie mayonnaise
- 6 stalks celery, cut into 1/4-inch-thick half moons, plus leaves
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Calbrian chili oil (buy oil-packed chilis and use the oil they come in)
- 2 ounces blue cheese
- 2 stalks chives, finely chopped and leaves reserved
- Spread a thin layer of mayo on the bottom of a plate.
- In a medium bowl, combine celery, orange juice, and chili oil. Toss to coat and season to taste with salt. Place on top of mayonnaise.
- Top with cheese and chives and garnish with a few celery leaves.
- Recipe provided by chef Chris Jaeckle of All'onda