Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped onion
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes and their juices
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce from a can
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 - 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 cups water
- 2 corn tortillas, diced (optional)
- 2 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each cut into 4 to 6 pieces
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- In a blender, puree the onion, tomatoes, garlic, chipotle chile, adobo sauce, jalapeno, cilantro, and salt.
- Preheat the Instant Pot by selecting Saute and adjusting to high heat. When the inner cooking pot is hot, add the oil and heat until it is shimmering. Add the pureed vegetables and stir well. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until the mixture is relatively thickened.
- Add the water, tortillas (if using), and chicken.
- Lock the lid into place. Select Manual or Pressure Cook and adjust the pressure to High. Cook for 20 minutes. When the cooking is complete, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure. Unlock the lid.
- Use tongs to transfer the chicken to a bowl. Shred the chicken, then stir it back into the soup. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with the sour cream and cheese.
- Recipe from The Keto Instant Pot Cookbook by Urvashi Pitre.
Per serving: 256 kcal cal., 17 g fat) (4 g carb., 1 g fiber, 22 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet