Chimichurri Shrimp with Rice Noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 cups cooked rice noodles
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic, onion, and peppers. Cook until vegetables are softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add shrimp to skillet and sprinkle with Cajun seasoning, cayenne, and salt. Cook until shrimp are cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to skillet and toss to combine. Remove from heat.
- Place 1 cup rice noodles in each of two serving bowls and top each with equal amounts of shrimp mixture. Serve hot.
- Excerpted from The Power Bowl Recipe Book: 140 Nutrient-Rich Dishes for Mindful Eating by Britt Brandon. Used by permission of the publisher, Adams Media, a division of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
Per serving: 455 kcal cal., 5.9 g fat) (48.9 g carb., 3.4 g fiber, 3.4 g sugar, 49.8 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet