Chipotle Portobello Mushroom Tacos
If you're looking for a vegetarian option for a party, here's the perfect pairing for you: chipotle and portobello mushrooms stuffed into a taco. Even the manliest men love these juicy bites.
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile sauce, reserved from a can
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound portobello mushrooms, sliced into 3/4-inch pieces
- 12 flour tortillas, cut into 4-inch rounds with a round cutter
- Cotija cheese (optional)
- Avocado slices (optional)
- Vegan cheese (optional)
- In large mixing bowl, combine garlic, red onion, chipotle sauce, cumin, juice of 1 lime, extra-virgin olive oil, and salt to taste. Add portobello mushrooms and toss to coat all sides. Wrap with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Lightly oil a large skillet and set over medium heat. Add mushrooms and cook 5 to 8 minutes on each side, using tongs to flip. Fill tortillas with mushrooms, Cotija cheese, 1 squeeze lime juice, and cilantro. For a vegan dish, top with avocado slices and vegan cheese in place of Cotija cheese.
- Recipe courtesy of Candice Kumai.
Per serving: 107 kcal cal., 3 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 276 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 3 g pro., 4 mg calcium, 0 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet