Chipotle Shrimp Burritos with Avocado Crema
Succulent, smoky shrimp are topped with a creamy avocado sauce in this tasty wrap.
- 4 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, shells and tails removed
- 1 avocado, halved
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema or light sour cream
- 3/4 cup Hatch Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Juice of 1 lime, plus more to finish
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 4 flour tortillas
- Blend chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, garlic, honey, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and cinnamon in a food processor until smooth. Place shrimp in a gallon zipper freezer bag with chipotle mixture and marinate in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- Meanwhile place avocado halves, crema, and enchilada sauce in a blender and mix to combine. Add 1 tablespoon water or more enchilada sauce to reach desired consistency. Refrigerate until ready to assemble burritos.
- Fluff rice and add lime juice and cilantro. Keep warm on low heat.
- Bring a heavy-bottom or cast-iron skillet to medium-high heat and add remaining tablespoon olive oil. Once hot, add shrimp in batches, taking care not to overcrowd pan. Cook for 2 minutes each side, then flip and cook for an additional minute. Remove from pan and continue until all shrimp are cooked.
- To assemble burritos, microwave tortillas for 30 seconds. Place 3/4 cup cliantro lime rice on warmed tortilla, add 10 to 12 shrimp per burrito, and top with avocado crema. Squeeze fresh lime juice over top and garnish with additional cilantro leaves. Roll into burritos and top with additional avocado crema as desired.
- Recipe provided by Foodie Crush
Per serving: 624 kcal cal., 28 g fat (6 g sat. fat), 65 g carb., 10 g fiber, 29 g pro., 150 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet