Chocolate-Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
Greek yogurt and bananas make these chocolate cupcakes super moist, while an easy two-ingredient frosting adds amazing richness. Bake these delicious sweet treats and you're sure to be a hit at any party!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 3 small ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup lite whipped topping
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, combine mashed bananas, yogurt, sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredient until just combined; gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Coat a 24 hole mini-muffin pan with cooking spray (or line with cupcake liners) and fill each with a heaping tablespoon batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 13 minutes. Cool to room temperature in pan, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make frosting, beat together whipped topping and peanut butter by hand until light and fluffy. Frost each cupcake with a rounded teaspoon frosting and chill until ready to serve. Yields 1 cupcake per serving.
Per serving: 92 kcal cal., 3 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 2 g carb., 1 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 2 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet