Cinnamon-Spiced Grilled Peaches
This spin-off of classic peaches and cream still calls for full-fat ice cream. The trick is topping the warm fruit with juuust enough that you can still taste the fruit.
- 4 peaches
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1 - 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- Pre-heat grill to high heat.
- Halve and pit peaches.
- Brush peaches with grapeseed oil.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon, water and salt.
- Grill peaches, cut side down, on a hot grill until fruit has grill marks, 3-4 minutes. Brush with brown sugar and cinnamon mixture and cook further until peaches are tender, about ten minutes.
- Before serving, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve with ice cream.
- Recipe and photo by Danielle Omar, R.D., of Nourish: 21 Days of Clean Eating.
Per serving: 186 kcal cal., 7 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 95 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 26 g sugar, 3 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet