Citrus Cilantro Salmon en Papillote
When it comes to mess-free cleanup, this one's got it in the bag. En papillote is French for in parchment, but what it really means is an entire meal cooked in a neat little packet that seals in the citrus and ginger flavors - and only two bowls to wash.
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 - 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 salmon filets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 large pieces parchment paper (1 square foot each)
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/8 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, mix cilantro, garlic, ginger, salt, cayenne, lemon juice, and olive oil to make marinade. Place salmon filets in an airtight plastic bag with marinade and scallions. Let sit for at least 15 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- To make salsa, combine mango, tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, ginger, lime juice, and salt to taste in a bowl.
- Divide asparagus stalks evenly between parchment paper. Lay filets on top and top with marinade. Arrange sliced lemon rounds on top. Fold parchment to form a packet. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve toppped with mango salsa.
- Recipe provided by Jenessa of JenessasDinners.blogspot.com
Per serving: 523 kcal cal., 27 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 49 g carb., 11 g fiber, 32 g pro., 155 mg calcium, 7 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet