Coffee-and-Chili-Rubbed Skirt Steak Salad
- 2 tablespoons finely ground dark-roast coffee
- 2 teaspoons no-salt-added chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound skirt steak
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 limes
- 6 mini bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 12 jarred Peppadew peppers, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped (about 8 cups)
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- In a small bowl, mix together coffee, chili powder, smoked paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon cumin. Rub 1 teaspoon oil all over steak. Generously season meat with salt and pepper, then coat with the coffee rub. Set aside, and heat a grill or a grill pan to medium high.
- Zest 1 lime into a large bowl, then squeeze in 2 tablespoons juice. Whisk in remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin and 2 tablespoons oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the bell and Peppadew peppers to the bowl and toss to coat; set aside.
- Grill steaks for 5 to 6 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Add romaine and mint to salad, toss to combine, and divide among serving plates. Slice steak along the grain into 4-inch pieces, then thinly across the grain. Cut the remaining lime into wedges. Top salads with steak and serve with lime wedges.
Per serving: 393 kcal cal., 25 g fat (7.6 g sat. fat), 298 mg sodium, 5 g fiber, 24 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet