Coffee-Infused Pulled-Chicken Tacos
- 1 tablespoon ground coffee, plus 1 1/2 cups strongly brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more for seasoning
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs and breasts
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 six-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice plus 2 teaspoons zest
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 12 small corn tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees . In a small bowl, stir together the ground coffee, chili powder, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Coat the chicken with the dry rub and set aside.
- In a Dutch oven, stir together brewed coffee, liquid smoke, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 2 teaspoons mustard, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, yellow onion, and garlic. Place the chicken in the liquid, cover the pot, and transfer to the center rack of oven until chicken is fork tender, about 90 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together remaining 3/4 cup vinegar, remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Submerge red onion in the mixture and set aside at room temperature until ready to serve tacos, at least 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, yogurt, remaining 2 teaspoons mustard, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the lime juice and zest. Add brussels sprouts and mango and toss to coat; add cilantro and pepper and toss again. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve tacos, at least 1 hour.
- When chicken is done, remove pan from the oven and transfer chicken to a cutting board. Use two forks to shred chicken. Skim any fat off the top of the sauce, then return chicken to the pot and stir to combine.
- Remove brussels sprout/mango slaw from the refrigerator and toss. Drain the onions. Heat the tortillas in a dry skillet over medium heat, 30 seconds per side. Serve chicken on tortillas with slaw and pickled onions.
Per serving: 468 kcal cal., 12 g fat (2.4 g sat. fat), 51 g carb., 8 g fiber, 39 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet