Coleslaw with Sesame Oil Vinaigrette
A small amount of a flavorful sesame oil is all you need to get your taste buds flowing. Don't forget to refrigerate your slaw for about 20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld before digging in.
Cole Slaw Ingredients:
- 3 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 2 scallions, finely sliced on diagonal
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1/8 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated/minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- Toasted and chopped pecans or other nuts (optional)
- Combine all cole slaw ingredients in a large bowl until evenly distributed.
- Either whisk or blend the vinegar, maple syrup, lime juice, ginger and salt until well combined and salt is dissolved. Gradually add the toasted sesame oil until well combined.
- Toss the vinaigrette with the vegetables and garnish with cilantro and pecans, or chopped nuts of your choice.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving.
- Recipe provided by Rachel Begun, R.D.N.
Per serving: 130 kcal cal., 10 g fat (1.5 g sat. fat), 11 g carb., 2 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 1 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet