Collard Wraps with Italian Pizza Cheese
This vegan nut-based "cheese" tastes like pizza on a spoon. Large collard green leaves serve as a lighter alternative to traditional tortillas in this plant-based recipe that's just as filling and delicious as a typical burrito.
For pizza cheese:
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 2 hours or more
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon white miso (optional)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 large collard leaf
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3 - 4 tomato slices
- To make cheese, place nuts in a food processor and process until ground well. Add salt, lemon juice, and miso if using. Scrape sides of bowl and run processor again, this time drizzling some water in. Keep doing this until cheese reaches a consistency similar to ricotta. Add tomatoes and basil and pulse until well combined into cheese.
- De-vein leaf by slicing off the bottom of the stalk in a "V" formation and running your knife over the rest of the stalk to flatten the leaf. Layer 1/4 cup cashew cheese, carrots, and tomato on top. Fold bottom and top over the filling. Fold sides over, wrap, and roll up. Chop off tops on a diagonal if you prefer.
- Recipe provided by Choosing Raw
Per serving: 226 kcal cal., 15 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 180 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 8 g pro., 110 mg calcium. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet