Compressed Celery Salad
Chef Troy Guard's recipe from his restaurant Bubu combines apples, celery, and quinoa. The salad satisfies your need for crunch, sweetness, and savory flavor all at once.
- 1 1/2 cups sliced celery, leaves and outer strands removed
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon agave
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 gala apple, sliced on a mandolin
- 1 cup cooked, cooled red quinoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Place 1 cup celery, lemon juice, and agave in a ziptop bag and let it sit on the kitchen counter for an hour.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon zest, sriracha, rice vinegar, and olive oil. Set aside.
- Toss marinated celery, dressing, remaining celery, and remaining ingredients together. Enjoy!
- Recipe provided by chef Troy Guard of Bubu