Corn, Sweet Peppers, Cilantro, and Pepper Jack Egg Muffins
Southwestern flavors inspired these healthy and delicious egg muffins. Top with salsa if you feel the need for an extra kick.
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2 percent milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 4 scallions
- 1 1/3 cups frozen corn
- 2/3 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- First, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and coat a nonstick 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray; set it aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and Tabasco sauce for base.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil. Add 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper and saute for 1 minute; add 4 scallions, thinly sliced, and cook for 1 minute more.
- Stir in 1 1/3 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained; remove from heat, divide among muffin cups, and top with 2/3 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese.
- Stir 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro into egg mixture and divide among cups. Bake until just set, about 12 minutes. Cool in pan 2 minutes before removing.
- Recipe courtesy of Laraine Perri.
Per serving: 240 kcal cal., 14 g fat (6 g sat. fat), 12 g carb., 2 g fiber, 15 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet