Cornish Game Hen in Garlic-Shallot Marinade
Cooking together can bring you closer.
- 1 1 pound Cornish game hen
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, like Pinot Grigio
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- In a bowl just large enough to fit the game hen, combine white wine, garlic, and shallots. Place the game hen in the bowl with the marinade, cover with foil or plastic wrap, and chill for at least an hour, or overnight.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove the hen from the marinade and shake off excess liquid; reserve marinade. Place the hen breast side up in a large ovenproof skillet and roast until internal temperature has reached 170 degrees F, about 45 minutes. Transfer hen to a plate; cover with foil. Place skillet onto burner.
- Carefully pour marinade into hot skillet. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes to reduce the liquid. Before serving, remove skin from the hen. Cut the bird in half and spoon sauce over each piece. Serve with wild rice.
Per serving: 405 kcal cal., 34 g fat (7 g sat. fat), 109 mg sodium, 0 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 30 g pro., 39 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet