Cottage Cheese and Egg Custard
This has the flavor of a cheese souffle, but it's much easier to make and works for breakfast or dinner.
- 1 cup nonfat or lowfat cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Fresh herbs, such as tarragon, parsley, or chives, or fresh spinach, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cottage cheese and eggs in a blender and run on medium speed for 1 minute or until fully combined. Add half of the cheddar cheese and blend for 10 seconds. Pour mixture into a bowl and fold in the remaining cheese and herbs or spinach (if using) with a spoon. Pour into four ramekins; place on a cookie sheet and bake 40 to 45 minutes, until puffy and starting to brown. Serve warm in ramekins.
- Nutritional information is based on using low-fat cottage cheese, but does not include optional herbs.
Per serving: 151 kcal cal., 7 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 3 g carb., 0 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 18 g pro., 189 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet