Creamless Corn with Cilantro and Lime
You'll never believe this delicious dish is made with nonfat Greek yogurt instead of heavy cream. Serve with roast chicken or grilled fish for a healthy meal that only tastes decadent.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 3 cups (about 4 ears) fresh sweet corn cut off the cob
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt (Symon recommends Dannon Oikos)
- Zest of 1/2 lime
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro
- Place a large saute pan over medium heat. Add butter, onion, garlic, jalapeno, and salt to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until onions begin to soften and you start to smell garlic. Add corn and continue cooking for 10 minutes, adding salt and pepper to taste. Stir in cayenne pepper and lower heat to medium low. Stir in milk and yogurt, mixing to combine. Add lime zest and cilantro.
- Recipe courtesy of Michael Symon / Dannon Oikos
Per serving: 227 kcal cal., 9 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 121 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 13 g sugar, 9 g pro., 70 mg calcium. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet