Creamy Avocado and Orange Quinoa Salad
Packed with protein and healthy fats - and vegan to boot - this light salad makes the perfect healthy lunch recipe to pack on the fly.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 orange, segmented, plus 2 tablespoons orange juice, divided
- 1/4 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 2 1/2 cups arugula
- 1 avocado, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons crushed hazelnuts, if desired
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, orange juice, and sea salt.
- Add quinoa and orange segments, and toss to coat.
- Gently fold in arugula and avocado. Serve topped with crushed hazelnuts, if desired.
- Recipe adapted from The Bikini Body Diet by Tara Kraft. Copyright Zinczenko/AMI Ventures, 2013.