Creamy Wild Mushrooms with Sage
This dish brims with flavor but is low in cholesterol and fat.
- 1 1/4 pounds wild mushrooms, such as portobello caps and oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Trim mushrooms (such as cutting stems off oyster mushrooms) as necessary. Place oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add onion, sage, and mushrooms; saute for about 13 minutes. Stir in sour cream and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Nutritional information includes 1/4 teaspoon of added salt.
Per serving: 61 kcal cal., 3 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 121 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 4 g pro., 21 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet