Crema Catalan (Catalan Cream)
- 6 egg yolks
- 7 ounces sugar
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 3/4 ounces cornstarch
- 1 lemon, grated
- Blend the egg yolks and the sugar until it becomes a fine cream. Add 750 ml of the milk and stir to get a good mixture. Add the lemon zest and the cinnamon.
- Heat it over medium-high in a saucepan.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the starch in the remaining milk and stir the mixture into the saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring all of the time and set aside at first bubbles.
- Let it cool for a while, still stirring, and distribute it in little earthenware dishes before it cools down completely (refrigerate if needed).
- Melt the sugar on top with a torch (optional).
Per serving: 466 kcal cal., 15 g fat (7 g sat. fat), 73 g carb., 0 g fiber, 62 g sugar, 12 g pro., 309 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet