"Crispy" Chicken Bake
- Extra virgin olive oil spray
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless 1-inch thick
- 1 1/4 cups flaked whole grain cereal
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat an 8x8-inch baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Trim fat and skin from chicken breasts, wash under cool, running water, and pat dry with paper towel.
- Place dry ingredients (cereal through dried herbs and spices) in a large, sealable plastic baggie. Seal and crush with back of pan or break up using hands until mixture is well-crumbled.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together egg white and water until frothy. Dip each chicken breast into egg-white mixture, then dip into baggie, coating both sides with crumb mixture. Spray each breast lightly with oil on both sides and place on baking sheet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Nutritional information is based on using 1lb of boneless, skinless, chicken breasts.
Per serving: 179 kcal cal., 3 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 348 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 26 g pro., 15 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet