We love mushrooms. We love them in sandwiches. We love them in risotto. But as a snack on their own? That's where this recipe comes in. We toss cremini mushrooms in olive oil, garlic salt and a little vinegar, and then slow roast them in the oven. The 'shrooms get nice and crispy, making them the ideal snack to munch on while you binge-watch Netflix.
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, wiped clean and ends trimmed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Flaky salt, for finishing (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, toss the mushrooms with the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to combine.
- Pour the mushrooms onto the prepared baking sheet, then spread them out evenly (don't overcrowd or they won't get crispy). Roast until the mushrooms are very brown and crisp, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let the mushrooms cool slightly, then garnish with parsley and flaky salt, if using. You can serve the mushrooms warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe originally appeared as Crispy Mushrooms on PureWow.