Crispy Oven-Fried Cod Fish
This simple, homemade recipe may not be fancy, but it is delicious!
- 2 4 ounces fresh cod fish fillets, 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Place flour in a shallow dish. Place milk in another shallow dish. In a third shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs, cheese, and pepper. Dip each piece of fish into flour. Shake off excess, then dip fish in the milk, then the breadcrumb mixture. Coat both sides and place on a baking sheet coated with nonstick spray. Spray tops of fillets with nonstick spray and bake for 7-9 minutes, turning fish over half way through cooking, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Per serving: 905 kcal cal., 9 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 872 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 172 g pro., 287 mg calcium, 5 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet