Crock-Pot Style Minestrone Soup
This soup freezes well, so why not make a double batch? Just cook in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker and increase the cooking time by an hour or so.
- 4 cups canned chicken broth
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1 pound peeled and diced uncooked Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 medium uncooked zucchini, quartered lengthwise, sliced 3/4-in thick
- 19 ounces canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked string beans, cut in 1-in lengths
- 1 medium uncooked leek, chopped (light green and white part only)
- 1 large uncooked carrot, diced
- 1 medium rib uncooked celery, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
- Fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
- Combine broth, tomatoes, potatoes, zucchini, cannellini beans, string beans, leek, carrot, celery, and pepper in a 4-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low setting until vegetables are tender, about 6 hours.
- Stir in oil and salt; sprinkle with cheese just before serving. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers.
Per serving: 204 kcal cal., 5 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 661 mg sodium, 7 g fiber, 11 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet