Crustless Corn and Pepper Quiche
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- 1 bunch green onions, all of the white and half of the green parts, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small poblano chile, roasted, peeled, seeded, diced, or cup canned chopped green chiles
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed, or the kernels cut from 1 large ear
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup plain soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9-inch pie pan.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the green onions and bell pepper and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and add the roasted poblano and corn. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs and egg whites with the soymilk, salt, and pepper. Add the vegetable mixture and the cheese. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Place on the center rack of the oven and bake until puffed, golden and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve with warm tortillas, black beans, salsa, and guacamole, if desired.
Per serving: 248 kcal cal., 15 g fat (8 g sat. fat), 408 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 17 g pro., 259 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet